Wednesday 13 March 2019

Time, A teen and a grown up.....

Time, A teen and a grown up.....

Two instances in the day brought many smiles to my face and also set me athink. My son ,Vishnu's first day in school in class nine and my just married nephew, Ananth's settling in his new home in the USA.
Vishnu, my only child, born many years after my marriage and Ananth, my brother's second son have a lot in common apart from being cherubic.
Ananth has always been a kid of the family. Vishnu being much smaller than all his cousins has the added advantage of being adored.
Their endearing ways could fill pages and pages. But today I was awestruck with sheer satisfaction and joy to look back on their growing years. My mind became a pot pourri of beautiful memories.
Vishnu's birth was a miracle, for me he is God's child. As I woke him up for school today morning, my thoughts were was coloured with emotions. Today, he would be joining the ninth grade. I went to wake him at his usual time. In his slumber he looked very much like any cute and cuddly baby. Out of the bed, a growing boy , I was awesticken. So much had happened since the day he was born, his sitting, crawling, baby steps, first day at the play school.
His admission into Smt. Sulochanadevi Singhana School into junior KG when he was 4 and his first public speech in school when he boldly addressed an audience of 1200, welcoming them. Such moments can only moisten my eyes. Ten years as a student of the renowned school has moulded him into an independent and thoughtful individual. His sensitivity makes him different and it is indeed our good fortune that we have a son like him. That he came into our life so late is the only lament or else life has been interspersed with several moments of joy.
Similarly with Ananth, who literally is still the baby of the family. Having completed his doctorate in chemical engineering from Massachusetts University in Boston, he has now joined post doctoral research at Princeton. He is recently married too.
A sense of pride emerged as he made a video call from USA to share his beautiful house. The neat little sofa, a nice bed, a television. It surely felt like a perfect home. And with the car coming soon things would be complete. Beaming ear to ear both of us smiled, one at the accomplishment and two at his joy. Soon he would be settled in the new house. From a sweet child to a sweeter grown up time has flown
As rightly said by Alexander Pope, swiftly fly the years and we are left wondering at our own selves.
Three instances of time, my son raring to go as a teenager, my nephew on the threshold of a new life after marriage and myself realising that much needs to be done as the clock is ticking away.
The sooner one realises the value of time and spends it carefully the better. Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future but today is the present, a gift. How we unwrap the wonders in it and use them is totally upto us.
"Carpe Diem" , seize the day , make the most of it in the best way possible with no room for regrets should be our motto. And of course,  follow your heart and your intuition. Breathe in and out and say, "I am healthy, positive and happy!!!!" Life's beautiful , make use of every minute and live it fully.....

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Vimala....my love to Vishnu and Ananth and yes ofcourse to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the love and affection you always shower on me.....Your words of encouragement inspire me to much more.....

      Delete
  2. Beautiful .realistic ,how we wonder seeing things happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely written. As our children grow up many occasions and incidents teach us so many things in life. Very rightly said follow your heart with positive feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautifully expressed ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Minutely observed and beautifully expressed...loved reading...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Beautifully expressed..
    Ma'am I observed, as an officer, as a mother and as a human being you are just awesome.,..

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice presentation of moments ma'm.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete

"Whispers in the Woods: A Message from Trees to the man-made Axe"

"Whispers in the Woods: A Message from Trees to the man-made Axe" Last week I was invited to AUM , The Centre of Global Art locate...