Friday 2 March 2018

The Joys of Innocence....



In the hustle and bustle of our busy lives we often overlook simple joys. A casual walk, sweet talk, a caress, a gentle kiss, warm hugs and the affectionate touch. 

I had the pleasure of being at home after long on a holiday thanks to the festival Holi. Though my son Vishnu was busy till the afternoon with Holi celebrations we could spend some loving moments once he came home. 
His casual banter brought a smile on my face and his anecdotal tales peels of laughter. As we cuddled and spoke it dawned on me that we were doing this after ages. He is as busy as me if not more with school and cricket. With my hectic schedule and frequent travel for work we have to steal moments togetherness. 

What turned out to be a great pleasure was the walk to drop his friend Aryan who had come to meet Vishnu. As we walked back hand in hand after dropping Aryan, we giggled and chortled on his funny jokes. My hand went on his shoulder and as i removed it he put it back and said let it remain, it feels so good. As i caught his attention he said again, yes it feels so good. I could almost feel a lump in my throat even as I was struck by his innocence. 

A simple gesture is all we desire to feel wanted, loved and special. A look, a glance, a touch, a hug or a kiss reassuring us of love, letting us know that someone cares. Soothing words and eager ears to listen without being judgemental- to show that one cares come what may and are there for each other come what may- for sharing thoughts and emotions, joys and sorrows. 

Just a little gesture made me realise it was so simple to be happy when one reaches out to someone genuinely and when your loving son reaches out to you, the pleasure is even more.....

2 comments:

"Whispers in the Woods: A Message from Trees to the man-made Axe"

"Whispers in the Woods: A Message from Trees to the man-made Axe" Last week I was invited to AUM , The Centre of Global Art locate...