Thursday 5 September 2019

The Enabled and Empowered Woman....The State Level Saksham Mahila Melawa, 7th September 2019, Aurangabad

The Enabled and Empowered Woman....The State Level Saksham Mahila Melawa, 7th September 2019, Aurangabad

The last 2 days have been really hectic with preparations for one of the most important official events of my career. Shouldering the responsibility of organizing an event where the Chief Guest is none other than the Hon’ble Prime Minister of our country, Shri. Narendra Modi is invigorating. Of course I ammon my toes and it certainly has not been easy to be able to manage office and home, specially with my child having his half-yearly examinations thereby needing me all the more.
Many times, I wonder whether I am doing justice to my own self, caught in the various roles I play as an administrator, daughter, sister, wife, mother and a friend.

Being a woman has never been easy and with the passage of time, the challenges have not only become diverse but have also grown in multitudes. The choices that we make in real life situations pose the greatest challenge because many times the decisions we make are in conflict with the other roles played by us, hurtling us into a journey of guilt.
At times , I wonder whether men also undergo this immense sense of guilt experienced by most working moms. Maybe it is their psychological set up or the norms of the society which inflict this feeling of guilt on women. Most men possibly escape this sense of guilt since the primary responsibility of the home and hearth still rests with the woman.
The upcoming event – Mahila Saksham Melava to be held in Aurangabad on 7th September 2019 involves participation of about one lakh women who are among the 43 lakhs of rural women who have been empowered by Umed, the Maharashtra State Rural Livelihoods Mission. Their journey beginning with social inclusion leading to financial and economic inclusion and thereon to sustainable livelihoods has been so fulfilling. With more than 5 lakh women farmers, 2 lakh goat rearers, 1 lakh poultry breeders, 1 lakh vegetable growers, 10000 fish breeders, 10000 floriculturists aggregating to over 12 lakh sustainable livelihoods creating capital gains of over Rs.750 crores by itself speaks a lot about the mission.
No doubts the mission has moved from strength to strength due to the efforts made by our able team mates not just at state level but across district, block and village level. The cadre of community resource persons, our sakhis are the biggest asset of our mission. Without their support, enthusiasm and strong will power none of this would have been possible.

For the opportunity bestowed on me to organize an event of this massive scale, first and foremost I am indebted to my parents for my existence and for the hope they always give me, especially my late mother whom I miss ardently. I cannot thank my siblings specially my sister any less for they are my strength. One can never forget the schooling that shapes our foundation and brings the best in you and my college which helped me to blossom. The management of such an event requires immense support from your families and I have been lucky to have a loving husband, a dotting son and in-laws who were more than parents for me. The people who share a special place in my heart are responsible for making me an able and empowered woman.
However emotional this may sound but the truth is that there are millions of capable women and girls in rural areas who are devoid of support which stunts their growth. Programmes like the State Level Saksham Mahila Melawa bring forth the possibilities and avenues for growth of women through consistent capacity building undertaken by Umed MSRLM.
This event is a celebration of all the empowered women across the state who are willing to make an effort and walk that extra mile to make ends meet. It is a celebration of women who wear multiple hats every day in their life and fulfill their responsibilities. It is a celebration of being able to strike a balance between personal and professional life.

The famous saying goes that behind every successful man there is a woman but through my personal experience, I truly believe that behind every successful woman there is a man. In a society which propagates equality and equal rights, women don't need wings to fly. All they need are open minds, understanding hearts and unflinching support.
Walk not in front of , for I may not follow, walk not behind me for I may not lead, just walk beside me and be my true friend. Yes, a true friend is all that a woman needs for real empowerment.....

P.S. The live link of the State Level Saksham Mahila Melawa can be accessed on the link www.parthlive.com, on Saturday, 7th September 2019 on your mobiles, tablets, laptops and computers from 12 noon. The Honble Prime Minister will interact with the members of the self help groups from 13.40 hours IST.

11 comments:

  1. A fitting tribute to the rural women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for The Event of such magnitude. Am sure it would be huge success and a landmark in your career as an enabler of empowerment of the women. Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best narration of feelings and incider experience as a lady having giving her best in multiple responsibility in personal and social life within time frame and giving her best in greatest cause of nation development through women empowerment.hats of mam and feeling proud as a student of you ������

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all your dedicated efforts ,the event should be a grand success. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dedication, full involvement with all-around concern, blended with strategic and effective efforts, rare to find in person. It is really unfathomable energy and strong thinking power of yours, will make this event too, a grand success. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The following few lines speak volumes on the thought process of the writer, the existing reality, and desireable paradigm shift in thinking towards support, and eye opener. From my side it is Hats off and Hats off to Madam Vimla

    The famous saying goes that behind every successful man there is a woman but through my personal experience, I truly believe that behind every successful woman there is a man. In a society which propagates equality and equal rights, women don't need wings to fly. All they need are open minds, understanding hearts and unflinching support.
    Walk not in front of , for I may not follow, walk not behind me for I may not lead, just walk beside me and be my true friend. Yes, a true friend is all that a woman needs for real empowerment

    ReplyDelete
  7. नारी सशक्तिकरण के बिना मानवता का विकास अधूरा है। हम आज अपने आप को उमेद अभियान के कृतज्ञ हो गए हैं कि इस ऐतिहासिक क्षण के हम गवाह होगें जहां सागर की बूंदों से भी अधिक सक्षम महिलाओं का सैलाब इक्ट्ठा होने जा रहा हैं। ये वही शिव पुराण में वर्णित १ लाख शिव शक्ति गौरी हैं। मेलावा का दिन भी समर्पक है और समय भी। न भूतो न भविष्य अशा मेळावामध्ये खारीचा वाटा लावण्याचे सौभाग्य दिल्याबद्दल धन्यवाद।

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your canvas keeps getting larger Ma'am and you still keep expressing your thoughts and actions so effortlessly. All the best for a great event Ma'am

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely written Ma'am.We congratulate you and MSRLM team for the grand success and we are obliged that we could be a part of the event.Congratutions ma'am and your team.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hats off to you Vimala M’am! This is another feather in your cap! Thanks also for beautifully narrating the struggles and guilt of a working woman. Yes we all go through that, some succumb to it and some come out winners. Your hard work and achievements are inspiration and motivation to other working women!!! More power to you!!

    ReplyDelete

"Whispers in the Woods: A Message from Trees to the man-made Axe"

"Whispers in the Woods: A Message from Trees to the man-made Axe" Last week I was invited to AUM , The Centre of Global Art locate...