Thursday 6 August 2020

Ghar se charcha : An interesting interaction....

Ghar se charcha : An interesting interaction....

A few days ago I received a call from a young boy, Abhishek Chedda. He introduced himself as a student of third year engineering and in the same breath mentioned his philanthropic association with Tarun Mitra Mandal. Together with his friends Devangee, Heet and others he has undertaken the task of creating an interactive platform for kids to ignite their minds. He said that they organize a program called the Story of Makers wherein they invite individuals who could possibly be a source of inspiration to young minds
The program was named as Ghar Se Charcha. His earnestness was so overwhelming that I couldn't refuse specially since he mentioned that I would be interacting with kids between the age of seven to fifteen. My own son being fifteen I always like such interactions which help me probe into the thought process of growing children
Soon the D Day arrived and I received a call from Abhishek briefing me about the flow of the programme. The event would be a live broadcast. It was then that I was told that I would be interviewed by two sweet little children aged nine and seven. I was more than delighted because this would be my first such experience. I kept thinking about the questions they would ask and my probable answers when it was time to go live on air.
As I got introduced to the interviewers Naman and Jiyaa, I could not but help notice their poise and confidence at such a young age. They were geared up and charged. The questions they chose were quite intriguing and included a broad spectrum from my education, career, family, competitive exams and preparation for UPSC, stress management, and advice for youth.
Their confidence while posing questions and their response to my answers made the session great fun.
It was then I was told that the team managed a librrary and conducted occasional programs on team leadership, team building etc. They also enabled students to take up educational projects and supported them in their reserach through their library and research hub.
StoryOfMakers is a fifteen year old , not for profit organisation initiated by Tarun Mitra Mandal and powered by *Navneet*.
On probing further I found out that their team has a *'Library Of Everything'* where kids aged from 4 to13 years of age carry out various science experiments, read books, do coding activities, create games, master carpentry and many more skills in the 'Makers Space'. This is to ensure the kids are able to gain practical and hands-on knowledge.
They also have a *'Science on Wheels'* and their team members travel to rural schools to help them understand and learn better in the field of art and science.
Interestingly they also host a 'Science Fair' called as The *Tech Expo* where young minds are invited to display their innovations from across the country. Their team has impacted over 2000 youngsters till date and are continuing with their endeavours.
I was asking for more as these blissful moments ended. The kids had captured the essence of what it means to contributing to life. Truly Children are the hands by which we can take hold of heaven....

P.S. You may watch the interview on the link -
https://t.co/QRhztIkA3W https://t.co/fXfwENphhM

7 comments:

  1. Good motivational interview a must watch for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very gud work by d team n kids u were amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're too kind ma'am, thank you so much. We appreciate your kind gestures and hope that we can further collaborate with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're too kind ma'am, thank you so much. We appreciate your kind gestures and hope that we can further collaborate with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best. I am Always there for a good cause....

      Delete

"Whispers in the Woods: A Message from Trees to the man-made Axe"

"Whispers in the Woods: A Message from Trees to the man-made Axe" Last week I was invited to AUM , The Centre of Global Art locate...